JetBrains DataGrip is a great for managing the database portion of your web development projects. It allows you to write queries and design new objects against a wide variety of databases. This video will show you how to add the necessary driver and connect to the NetSuite ERP system to query live data.
Video link until I can get the video embed working correctly.
- Download and install the JDBC drivers from NetSuite for your operating system. If you have access, there is a link to them in the Settings portlet on your dashboard.
- On Windows, download and run the executable to install
- Mac, download and extract the NQjc.jar file to a location of your choice.
- In DataGrip, click File -> Data Sources...
- In the Data "Sources and Drivers" window, click Add -> Driver
- In the Name box, enter: NetSuite
- In the Additional files box, click Add
- Find and select the NQjc.jar file that you downloaded in the first step.
- In the Class box, select com.netsuite.jdbc.openaccess.OpenAccessDriver
- In the Dialect box, select Oracle.
- Click Apply. This should add the driver to the list of drivers on the left-hand side.
- Click Add -> NetSuite. Complete the following fields:
- Name: Give this connection a Name
- User: enter the email address that you use to log into NetSuite
- Password: enter the password that you use to log into NetSuite
- URL: jdbc:ns://URL:1708;ServerDataSource=NetSuite.com;encrypted=1;Ciphersuites=TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA;CustomProperties=(AccountID=ACCOUNT_ID;RoleID=ROLE_ID).
- URL – You can get this from within your NetSuite account by navigating to: Setup -> Company -> Company Information -> Company URLs -> SuiteAnalytics Connect
- ACCOUNT_ID – You can get this from within your NetSuite account by navigating to: Setup -> Company -> Company Information -> Account ID
- ROLE_ID – The internal ID of any role with the SuiteAnalytics Connect permission. The Administrator role id is 3.
- Click Test Connection. You should receive a green Successful message.
- On the schema’s tab, check the box next to the company that you wish to connect to.
- Click OK. You should now see the connection listed in your Database window.
UPDATED to reflect the new cipher suite needed in the JDBC URL.